Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Just Might Be Coming

 


This morning when I woke up and heard on the radio that temperatures were once again going to be in the 40's I decided that we really needed to find a way to enjoy the weather. Something other than walking down the middle of our street. The only thing I could really think of, however, was to just start driving around to parks until I found one that was usable at this time of the year, with so much snow still piled up.

 
 
 
The second park I went to (Farmington's largest) had all of its pathways cleared and not a single car in sight. So we got out and spent a good hour walking around the park. Caden was thrilled to have freedom to just go without me constantly scolding him to stay by me and walk on the side of the road.
 
 
 


I love how when Caden is set loose he always runs, never walks. It's so cute watching his legs kick back behind him. As Grandma said last weekend, though, he runs like a girl. :)

 
 
 
I feel a little bad putting this picture up because I didn't realize he was genuinely scared when I took this picture. When we first got to the bridge he was a little hesitant, but he still kept going. Then somehow after he was standing in the middle for a few minutes he finally realized he could see the water through the one inch slats underneath him. I was trying to get him to turn around and come back by me and thought he was just throwing a tantrum. I finally went over by him and he was too scared to walk anymore on his own. 
 
 


I quickly distracted him by encouraging him to play in a big puddle. He was already stomping in every teeny splash of water he could find, so this big puddle was very enticing! Though it didn't take long for the water to soak through his boots and socks, which brought a very quick end to our time at the park. I think I need to find him some rain boots. 

Hopefully the weather will continue to warm up so we can keep spending time outside every day. Caden is so happy out there - as long as he doesn't have to step in snow. After our park outing he took a two hour and fifteen minute nap. The longest in quite awhile. After the nap we decided the day was still too nice to waste (it was 49 degrees by then) so we went back out on a walk around our block. We stayed outside until Greg got home. The second he got out of the car Caden was dragging him back down the driveway for yet another walk. It was quite the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment