Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Apple Valley Open Gym

 

Today Caden and I finally got around to visiting the Apple Valley Community Center's open gym time for preschoolers. I heard about this from somebody in Tiny Tots about a month ago and was finally decided to go. Actually, we went on Monday only to find out that the time had changed and we missed it. So today we were right on time!

 

This open gym time is free and happens every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I really wish I had learned about it in November so we could have made use of it all winter long. Caden seemed to really enjoy being there, though I couldn't help thinking how much I would have rather been playing outside again. It was fun, though. Tons of balls to kick and throw, a huge open space, and only about fifteen kids and a few adults. We stayed for an hour and will definitely be going back again.

 

Caden had another really good day mood-wise. I'm not sure if it's because he hasn't been cooped up in the house or he's finally just feeling better. But I'm really enjoying him not screaming at me all day long! We went on another long walk after his nap and stopped at the neighbor's house to ride tricycles with the daycare kids. Caden didn't move from his spot, but he was fascinated watching all the other kids.

 
 
 
I'm pretty sure Caden has been picking up some sign language from his Baby Einstein videos. I think I better get learning because I had no idea what he was trying to tell me today! I'm so proud of him for even trying that communication. Hopefully I can get up to speed and we can finally understand each other a little better.


 

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment