Friday, March 5, 2010

Little Dippers

This has been a week of adventures for Caden! Monday we shopped (not so exciting), Tuesday we explored the park, Wednesday we tried out open gym, Thursday we walked the entire outside loop of the zoo, and today we tried something very different - Little Dipper's Open Swim at Lakeville Family Swim School. I heard about this from a friend of mine a few weeks ago and was interested in trying it out. Even though our Dells trip in January was a total disaster, I thought that maybe Caden would feel a little more comfortable in a smaller pool with less people and less noise.

It actually wasn't too bad. There were only four kids and their parents for most of the 45 minutes we were there. The pool is kept at a very warm temperature, so that alone made it a much more enjoyable experience for me anyway! Caden was a little whimpery when we first got in the water and he had a pretty tight grip on me the whole time we were there, but he did seem to relax after a bit. He even let me flip him around on his back and float him in the water. He was okay with that as long as his head was on my shoulder and he was holding one of my hands. We tried sitting on the steps too, which he handled fairly well. Overall, I'd say it was at least a much better water experience for Caden. He wasn't by any means excited to be there, but he did seem content to just float around the pool. We probably won't go back again until he's older and hopefully enjoys swimming, but I'm glad we tried it out today.

As Caden's night is coming to an end it seems like he's back to not feeling too well again. I think he has a slight fever and is probably just overly tired. Most of his naps this week were only an hour long. He has been sleeping through the night about four or five nights a week the last two weeks, which has been a great improvement. We've officially weaned him off his morning feeding and are getting ready to get rid of the naptime feeding. I'm dreading it and probably going to put it off at least another week.Caden's second molar is about to pop through and it looks like that last empty spot in front is getting ready to show a tooth as well. I can't wait for teething to end!

We're looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. Hopefully the weather is nice and we'll have lots of opportunities to play outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment