Monday, March 15, 2010

Donut Picnic


Last summer our family started a tradition of going on pizza picnics every week or two. It was an inexpensive and easy way to just get out of the house and enjoy some time together. I decided today to start a new tradition with just Caden and I - donut picnics! I needed a few things from the grocery store so I picked up a few donuts as well and on the way home we stopped at one of our favorite parks to share the treats. Caden was quite excited to sit at the table like a big boy. Afterward, despite the fact it was freezing out, we went on the swings. Caden was too scared to walk across the sand so I had to carry him. He seemed a little freaked out when I first put him on the swing, but got really angry when I tried to take him out. We spent about twenty minutes swinging until Caden's teeth started chattering and I decided it was time to go home. Caden still hadn't had enough. I think we're going to be doing lots of swinging this year!










This afternoon we spent two hours playing outside. Caden was a lot more comfortable walking in the grass today. He was playing with a bunch of plastic balls and repeatedly going down his little slide. When Greg got home we went to Crea's for a little bit to ride bikes and blow bubbles. Caden must really like it over there because he threw one of his biggest tantrums ever when we brought him home for dinner.

I finally got around to taking some videos of Caden tonight. He's becoming quite the soccer player! I can't decide which is the best video, so here are links to them all. Enjoy!

Caden Soccer 1

Caden Soccer 2

Caden Soccer 3

Caden Catching Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment