Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our Second Mother's Day Together

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone had a great day! Ours was very nice and relaxing.


My day started with Greg and Caden bringing me breakfast in bed. I had chocolate donuts and strawberries. Caden was pretty excited about the donuts and made a gigantic crumb mess. It was definitely worth it, though. :)

We had a nice lunch at home of grilled hot dogs and avocados. Nothing fancy, but I always appreciate not having to make a meal!

After lunch we made an impulsive decision to check out a park in Lakeville I've always been curious about. It was actually really cool. They had a large beach area with crystal clear water, a playground right on the shore, and plenty of trees and picnic areas. We'll definitely be going back again. Today it was fun to have a little photo shoot and then walk along the water. Caden seemed to be fascinated by the lake. I guess it's been a long time since he's seen one!






After the park we came home and all took naps. Then Greg and Caden took a walk while I read in the house. Then we all played outside for awhile. For dinner we ordered pizza and wings - a very special treat! Then more playing with Caden by chasing him with Lenny around the house, which he found hilarious. And then I put him to sleep! Overall it was a very sweet day. I love being a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment