Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Dreary Week

It's been another very long, cold, rainy week in Farmington. We haven't been able to spend any time outside and Caden and I are about to drive each other nuts! I'm hoping for a non-rainy day tomorrow so we can at least step out of the house. There's no rain in the forecast, but then again, it wasn't supposed to rain today either and it poured all day!



On Wednesday I decided to let Caden help me make chex mix. He wasn't too interested in pouring the cereal from the measuring cup, but he loved stirring! He was helping himself to plenty of cereal too. When I poured the sauce on and started stirring with my own spatula he got very mad at me! Always Mr. Independent.

I just discovered that Caden can do most of the song "Head and Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." They do it on some of the Baby Einstein videos and now he's really excited to do it with me. We have to do it pretty slow, though, for him to catch up. And he never seems to get his shoulders, but at least he's trying!

Yesterday we went back to the Apple Valley open gym time for preschoolers. What a difference a few months makes! Caden had an absolute blast. From the minute we walked in the door he just took off running crazy. He mostly wanted to make baskets (I got quite a workout lifting him up so many times!), but he enjoyed playing on the mats too. He even went up to a few other boys with his hands out hoping they'd throw him a ball, but none of them wanted to share. It was a fun time. At least three days a week that's always an option when the weather is bad.

Wednesday afternoon I took out a coloring book and some crayons hoping that would keep him busy for awhile. It held his attention for all of thirty seconds. I think he made two scribbles on the page and then just wanted to put the crayons away. He was pretty angry that I wouldn't give up the crayon I was using. It's looking like I have a son that's never going to enjoy artsy things. :(

This morning Caden's mouth was bleeding and I realized he has another tooth coming through! It's on the bottom right in the only open space available. It looks like the one on the left isn't far behind.


Here's a picture of Caden wearing the new shirt that Sarah bought him in Spain. Pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment