Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Been Awhile


It's been awhile! Nothing terribly exciting has happened in the last six days, but I'll recap the highlights...

On Wednesday Caden and I went on a tour of the Farmington Maintenance Facility with moms club. I thought it would be really boring, but it was fun to see everything. Caden was really well behaved, walking on his own and holding my hand during most of the tour. I thought the most interesting part of the tour was seeing the inside of the water tower.


I also thought it was fun sitting inside this fire truck. One of the moms informed me this is the first of many times I'd be doing this with kids, however. Caden was a little scared of the whole thing.

After the tour Caden and I took our first bike/trailer ride together. We didn't go far, but it was really enjoyable! I plan on taking him out as much as I can.


On Thursday I really didn't want to go to our ECFE class so we headed to Como Zoo in St. Paul instead. I've been wanting to check it out for months and figured it was as good a day as any to go. Well - my curiosity was satisfied and I don't think I'm ever going back. At least not while Caden is still in a stroller. There were so many school groups there we literally could not move inside the buildings. Then in the sunken garden we were looking at the koi which Caden was really excited about and then the lady supervising the room came and yelled at us for standing too close. When Caden wouldn't step away willingly I had to pick him up and he threw a massive tantrum, even kicking an old lady in the side. We decided to skip the rest of the gardens and head outside, even though it was only about 35 degrees. We didn't have much fun out there, either. At least now I know I'm not missing out on anything. The MN Zoo is enough for me!



After the zoo we stopped at CVS and Caden was once again running wild through the store. Something about drug stores really excites him, I guess. While I was paying for my purchases Caden grabbed a sucker from a box at his level and took off at full speed for the door. I was running after him and yelling NO and he still managed to get out with his stolen candy. I brought it back in and the cashier very curtly thanked me. I guess we'll be using carts at CVS from now on.

On Saturday we went to Owatonna to visit Lexi. We didn't have a specific plan in mind, just wanted to check out the city. We stopped at a bookstore and then walked around downtown. Then we had lunch at Godfather's Pizza. Next we went to the 150,00 sq ft Cabela's. Caden was fascinated by all the taxidermy animals. I, on the other hand, found it quite disturbing. While we were in the area we also went to the Russel Stover outlet store. And we ended our visit at a really beautiful park. Lexi walked in the river while Greg and Caden stood on the sides and threw rocks in the water. It was a great day.


Today Caden woke up incredibly crabby so we decided it would be best to stay home from church. Instead since it was so warm outside we spent a long time playing. We finally set up Caden's t-ball set (a Christmas present). He liked getting Greg's help hitting the ball, though he thought it was more fun to just smack it with his hands after awhile. So far from all of our outdoor playtimes lately it seems that golf and basketball are his favorite sports.


In other updates...Caden's 12th tooth is finally through. He's been sleeping a little better lately at night, though he's only been taking naps about three days a week now. He still has an hour of bedroom time in hopes that he'll eventually fall asleep, but most days, to my dismay, he does not.

We've been really frustrated lately with how little he eats, particularly healthy food. So I've been trying some new things with some success! Both yesterday and today he had two kiwis for breakfast! Today I also gave him grapes for the first time and he LOVED them. He also ate dried cranberries for a snack. Hopefully we can get creative and come up with some more ideas as well.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment