Monday, June 7, 2010

The Words Are Coming!


Exciting news - Caden can say some words! I actually hesitate to say that because it doesn't seem like I can really label him as talking when he only says a word when prompted. It seems like he should actually talk on his own free will before it's considered "real." But nonetheless, he can say a few things. I would consider his first word to be "mom" because he's been saying it a few months now, repeating it after us. He can also say "dad" which comes out sounding more like "daaa?" in a high pitched voice. It's incredibly cute. I keep trying to get a video of him, but he won't cooperate. He also likes to say "pop pop pop!" from one of the pages in Dr. Seuss's "Mr. Brown Can Moo" book. And in the last few days he's also started saying "up." He's got all of his animal noises down pat as well. Since he last saw everyone he can now also make a fish "sound," and hiss like a snake. I can't wait for him to actually start calling us mama and dada and saying words on his own. Hopefully it's just around the corner!


On Saturday we went to visit Lexi in Owatonna. We intended on mini-golfing, but it ended up raining so we went to this new Reptile and Amphibian Discovery (RAD) Zoo. Lexi loves snakes, so I thought it might be worth checking out. Everyone really enjoyed it, especially Caden! He loved watching the snakes and turtles that were moving around in their cages. We stayed to watch the show and at the end Caden got to touch his first alligator! He also ran his hands down a boa constrictor. It was definitely an interesting experience!


A few weeks ago we got two videos that I heard were really good with speech development. They're called Baby Babble. Caden's only watched them a few times, but he's mesmerized by them. I think they're working, though, because lately I catch him making a lot of the noises and doing different mouth movements that he's never done before. Even though the videos seem incredibly boring to me, I think they must be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment